tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 15 14:20:44 2004

Re: "Enterprise" lines

Eric Zay ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Do'Ha' qaStaHvIS "Friday" rammey jIvumnIS.  'entapray' lutvam vIleghpu'be'.  lutvam pong 'oH nuq'e'?

SuSvaj
[email protected] wrote:
In a message dated 11/15/2004 8:02:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, Tyler Fisher writes:

>> It's an odd way to express it though.  {quv lughaj}
>> (they have honor) would
>> be more directly expressed by the bare verb {quv}
>> (be honored, honorable):
>> {quv *archer* HoD beqDaj je.}
>>

>I suppose that would be more direct, nonetheless I
>still think it gets the idea across.
>
>The pronunciation was off in several places, but let's
>not nitpick. The point is they were properly formed
>sentences and not the usual Paramount Hol. We should
>be thrilled that for once someone over there actually
>took the time to use the dictionary properly.

I agree. In fact, if we could figure out who's responsible
for them, maybe an official KLI thanks would be in order.

-- ter'eS