tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 14 11:01:43 2004

"Enterprise" lines

Teresh000 ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Does anyone follow "Star Trek: Enterprise"? Brent Spiner has been on a
3-episode
story arc.  This week's episode included some Klingon.
Archer and the Enterprise are trying to sneak through Klingon space to defeat
some mutants, when they are accosted by a Klingon battle cruiser. Archer
tries
to talk his way out of it, and isn't having much success, so Spiner says to
let
him try, and he says

{quv lughaj *archer qu'(?) beqDaj je.}  "Captain Archer and his crew are
honorable people."

{lengtaH 'e' yIchaw'.}  "Let them continue on their way."

This is a very odd scene.  For one thing, it doesn't impress the Klingon
commander at all (who doesn't even deign to respond in Klingon to Spiner's
words). It accomplishes absolutely nothing in terms of the story. So I think
this was a nod to the Klingon community from someone, probably Spiner.
The lines are grammatically correct (except for the {qu'}, which I can't
account
for), and he speaks them pretty well.  Does anyone know if Brent Spiner is a
secret fan of tlhIngan Hol?

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level