tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 28 07:26:48 2004

Re: Word Definition

Susan Farmer ([email protected])

> Se'noj:
> >Does anyone have any ideas for a way I could translate the word "Frontier"?
> >  I'm trying to translate a cartain monologue, and got stuck for a word for
> >that...
>
> I know that "the final frontier" was translated as <veH Qav>
> "final boundary" somewhere.  You could also try <HeH> "edge".
>
> Could you supply a little bit more context?  What kind of
> frontier are you talking about here?  (i.e. at the edge of
> civilization, concerning the most advanced scientific research,
> etc.)

The context is "the certain monolog" from the Intro to Star Trek.  I'd
suggest "last" or "ultimate" and at the moment I have no clue if either
of those words exists in tlhingan Hol -- my brain is fried and my paper
stuff is upstairs

tevram (going back to quietly lurking)

Back to archive top level