tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 27 05:41:03 2004

Re: action verbs vs. qualities

ja' lay'tel SIvten:
>The subject of a verb of quality is a patient, the one experiencing the
>quality.

Why couldn't it be that the subject is the one *expressing* the quality?

It looks to me like you're taking an established linguistic concept and
applying it to Klingon without checking your assumptions.  There are
definitely patterns to be found, but I'm uncomfortable with the way you
seem to be forcing Klingon to match patterns found in other languages.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level