tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 13 08:47:37 2004

RE: jIqeq

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

De'vID:
>'ach Do'Ha', ghojwI' jIH vaj lengmeH Huch vIghajbe'.  QulmeH qepmey neH
>vIjeSchugh jIHvaD Huch nob qeSwI'wI'.

Jeremy:
>I think I've got it, but I want to confirm.  Your advisor gives you money
>for just participating in research meetings.  Does the "neH" mean that you
>are only allowed to participate in those meetings or that you are only
>required to attend those meetings?  Or is the ambiguity similar to the
>English?

I probably have the <neH> in the wrong place.  What I wanted to
express was that I don't have money to travel because I'm a student,
except for academic conferences because they're paid for by my
adviser.  Let's try that again: <QulmeH qepmey vIjeSDI' Huch nob
qeSwI'wI'.  latlh qepmey vIjeSDI' jIHvaD Huch nob pagh.>

--
De'vID

STOP MORE SPAM with the MSN Premium and get 2 months FREE*