tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 07 08:17:44 2004

Re: Yet another Pun?

qurgh ([email protected])

Yeah, I noticed that when I first read it and I think I added it to the Wiki's
page of puns some time ago (unless someone beat me to it when I was adding a
few). You can check out all the other puns on:

/wiki/index.php?Puns%20in%20the%20Vocabulary%20of%20tlhIngan%20Hol

qurhg

ghItlh Nancy Nielsen-Brown <[email protected]>:

> Has anyone commented on the possible pun in the new word  wuD (from the
> December HolQeD)?  There's a common joke about snorers in an American idiom-
> they "saw wood" . This is using a tool to cut wood pieces, not the verb "to
> see". Think of breathing in as one sound and out as another and it seems to
> sound like a rhythmic sawing of wood.  I wonder if wuD is the "wood" being
> snored (uh, "sawed"), it's the first thing I thought of when I said it
> aloud.
> p'an

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level