tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 06 10:26:46 2004

Yet another Pun?

Nancy Nielsen-Brown ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Has anyone commented on the possible pun in the new word  wuD (from the
December HolQeD)?  There's a common joke about snorers in an American idiom-
they "saw wood" . This is using a tool to cut wood pieces, not the verb "to
see". Think of breathing in as one sound and out as another and it seems to
sound like a rhythmic sawing of wood.  I wonder if wuD is the "wood" being
snored (uh, "sawed"), it's the first thing I thought of when I said it
aloud.
p'an

Back to archive top level