tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 30 16:59:47 2004

Re: it; SIS

ja' SuStel:
>Don't tell me the subject of /SIS/ is self-evident unless you can back it u=
>with proof that you find it self-evident =8B by telling me what it is.  If =
you
>can't, just admit that you don't know.  We know how to use the word to refe=
>to the weather, but the full usage is not known.

majIv reH 'e' Daqapmo' jIberghchoH.  qatlh Sovna'maj DatennIS?  not ngoD
Sovlu'pu' 'e' DaQub'a', DalIjpu'chugh SoH?

>Here's an excerpt of DloraH's original message to the list, dated May 28,
>1998:
>
>--------
>SIS
>SISqu'
>SIStaH
>SISchoH
>All correct.
>SISlu', altho grammaticlly correct, he didn't particularly like.  Someone
>COULD use it but to me it sounds like they skipped science class and don't
>know what the subject is.
>You can also give it an object and say things like the clouds rained down
>cats and dogs. ...or something like that; you get the idea.
>But when Marc and I went outside and drops of water were falling on us, he
>looked up and simply said "SIS".
>--------
>
>So Klingons DO know what the subject is.  *WE* don't.  We know how to use
>it, but not why we use it that way.  But Klingons know why.

nuqjatlh?  SISwI' wISovchu' jay'!  QIjbogh mu'mey Damuchta'qu'!

What do you mean, "*WE* don't"?  You just quoted it!  I'll quote it again:

>You can also give it an object and say things like the clouds rained down
>cats and dogs. ...or something like that; you get the idea.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level