tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 27 07:04:27 2004

Re: Unscrewed-qa'

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "d'Armond Speers, Ph.D." <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 11:03 PM
Subject: RE: Unscrewed-qa'

> weQqul wrote:
> > HIja'. qayaj.  laura martin je DaSuchpu'  DatIvpu'  'e'  jIQuch.
> > yes. i understood you. i am happy that you enjoyed your visit with laura
> and
> > martin.

Close. Try "Because you enjoyed that you visited Martin and Laura, I am
happy."
{Laura, Martin je DaSuchpu' 'e' DatIvmo', jIQuch.}

You cannot have a type seven verb suffix on the second sentence of a SAO
construction. TKD, pg 66.

> > qajatlh 'e' mutlhob meqvammo',
> > <Qapla'.> <batlh bIjatlhpu'.>
> > for this reason he asked me to tell you, "you spoke with
> honor.
> > success!"

> >  BTW lughbe'chugh mu'tlheghmeywIj, tIlughmoH.
> > also, i'm not sure about the placement of the quoted part of the last
> > sentence.

The placement is fine, and the grammar is OK, too.

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute
http://kli.org/