tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 17 14:20:13 2004

Re: -Daq on numbers?

Voragh:
> > Another interpretation is that {qep'a' wejDIch} really does refer to a
> > physical location:  the room(s) in the hotel where the Congress was taking
> > place.

Quvar:
>If it works with qep'a', it will certainly work with qepHom too.
>I've used it with {QI'lop}, because I see that also as an event that
>takes place at a location, since we celebrate it every year in Germany.

So {QI'lopDaq} "at QI'lop" (the place)" vs. {qaStaHvIS QI'lop} "during
QI'lop" (the holiday)

>we have
>       {wa' yIHoH} "kill one (of them)"
>could we say
>       {wa'Daq yIbach} "shoot at one (of them)"
>I see no problem.

It would have to work this way.  The target of {bach} is always marked with
{-Daq}.

We know that the object of {bach} is what is shot out of the weapon (i.e.
the projectile or energy beam).  {wa' yIbach} could only mean "shoot one
(of them) [e.g. out of a cannon]" ... like in the circus!

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level