tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 16 14:24:34 2004

Re: multiple verb suffixes

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> In English "form" can be an intransitive verb:

That's why it's a bad example in Klingon to talk about suffixes.

> The TKD defined /chen/ as "build up, take form", which uses the English
> "form" in its noun form.  But "take form" and "form" are effectively the
> same.

Interesting, thanks. (I've learned a lot of english through learning Klingon
:-)

> Or do you think there's a connotational difference between "take form" and
> the intransitive verb form (pardon the pun) of "form"?

I think MO didn't use that form of form to form a difference to the form of
causing a form to take form.
;-)

As long as we know the difference between {chen} and {chenmoH} it's no
problem.

Generally, for examples with "cause", don't use words whose english
translations include the idea of "causing", like {poSmoH}, {HeghmoH} or {chenmoH}

Quvar.