tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 02 23:53:00 2004

Re: <<roD Huch Hutlh cha'maH ben ghojwI' je>>

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlh ngabwI':

>The only sticking point I had was the placement of {je}. {je}, meaning
>"also", goes immediately after the verb:

jIQagh. jIHvaD qay'qa' <<je>>.

I've had problems with {je} before; I tried once to use it as a normal
sentence-initial adverb. SuStel corrected that one, I believe, but it had no
explicit subject, thus the {je} ended up at the end of the sentence in that
case. (In no way do I mean to blame SuStel for this. The fault is mine
alone.)

And as I said to Quvar, mistakes are the way I learn. :)

ghItlhpu' quljIb je:

>DaH yIyaj!  the {je} at the end threw me off; I misinterpereted it as a
>conjunction so I was looking for the second noun-phrase.  chochuHmo'
>qatlho'.

<<je>> vIlo'DI', qay'wI'wIj 'ang ngabwI'. 'ach reH latlh tlhInganpu'
vIQaHrupqu'chu'.
ngabwI' has shown my mistake with the use of {je}. But you're welcome. It's
always nice to be able to help a fellow Klingon, even if by means of a
mistake. {{:)

Just keep in mind the three goofy adverbs: {neH}, {je} and {jay'}. As a
non-expert, I'd recommend these as important to learn for the beginner, not
only because they behave strangely, but because they are very useful.

(BTW: <<DaH vIyaj>> bIjatlh DaneHbe' 'e' vIHar.
I don't think you meant to say "Now understand this!" :P)

Savan, 'ej ngabwI' vItlho'qu'.

QeS lagh

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au/

Back to archive top level