tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 02 18:13:10 2004

Re: MSN jabbI'ID labwI' lo'wI'pu'

QeS lagh ([email protected])

jIghItlh:

><<wa'Hu' nIvnavwIjDaq mIl'oD vIbachpu'.

mujang Quvar:
>You fired a bear into your pajamas?
>;-)

LOL, I can see how that would look goofy.

taH:

>The object of {bach} is the projectile:
>    {pe'vIl mu'qaDmey tIbach}
>    "curse well"
>    lit. "shoot cureses forcefully" (TKW)

qatlho'. vIqawbe'pu'.

>2nd:
>Maybe it is, maybe not:
>The cat-in-the-hat problem.

That's what the joke is supposed to be about. The ambiguity is *meant* to be
there; it's part of the joke.

>chay' nIvnavwIj tuQ mIl'oD? vISovbe'.>> - Groucho Marx
>{jISovbe'} avoids any problems
>[briefly: vI- only works using 'e', but that doesn't work with chay' - got
>it?]

The old QAO thing again, <qar'a'>? :P That's why I used a separate sentence,
to try and avoid making a QAO. I couldn't think of a recast.

>Maybe I've gone a bit into detail again, I just felt doing so this morning,
>so no offense. ;-)

None at all taken. I like using Klingon, but I like using it accurately; I
hate making mistakes, but it's the only way to learn, it seems.
qavanqu'chu'.

QeS lagh