tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 25 09:52:24 2004

Learning Klingon

Matthew Pennington ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

So, I finally got round to starting Klingon, four years after I bought TKD. That's what summer
vacation is all about, right? At any rate, dx/dt, I made it through the noun section without a
hitch, memorizing and at least beginning to grasp all of it. Then, I met an impasse. How does one
continue from there? I feel I need to learn the grammar and start making sentences before I can
learn words, but to do that, I need to learn how verbs work, which requires some knowledge of
grammar. I'm not used to learning a language on my own, so it's all blowing me away with disorder
and lack of a lesson plan. There are a number of people out there who have successfully learned
this language that I thought I could find some help and solace by requesting help and solace. In
essence, my question boils down to this: How do I continue from nouns?

Thanks,

Math, like the subject, only less logical