tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 18 13:00:43 2004

DCKL: translating problem: desert vs. defect

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Greetings.

While translating I've noticed that {choS} "desert" and {cheH} "defect" become the same word.

DaH jImIS net Sov
HIchuH

I know that the meaning is not identical, but it's very similar. What the difference?
Would it be enough to just say "überlaufen" und "desertieren"?

Do I understand correctly that "desert" is more like "running away from your duties and battle", while
"defect" also includes "...and join the enemy"

??

Quvar.

Back to archive top level