tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 15 02:07:08 2004

Re: RE: DCKL translation problems: {yu'egh}

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

jaj 14.01.2004 rep 22:29:22 ghItlh Steven Boozer <[email protected]>:

>It's never been used in canon, so we don't know exactly what this is
>supposted to mean.  There have been mention of various types of subspace,
>energy and shock waves propagating through space in Trek.

Well, then I'll just translate it as "wave"/ "Welle".

>BTW:  If you look in a mirror and pronounce {yu'egh} and "wave", your lips
>make almost the same movements.  This may have been a back-fit for some
>piece of dialog that was never used in ST3.

I recently saw that movie, but in German. Completely: there was no klingon at all.
But it was very interesting to see that the klingons used nearly every word from TKD - except that
that it not in klingon.

I've never seen the english movie, does it contain any klingon?
(yeah stupid question, Klingon was made for that movie, but I ask anyway)

Quvar.

Back to archive top level