tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 15 05:56:46 2004

Re: need translation KLBG

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 12:07 AM
Subject: need translation KLBG

K L B C, not "KLBG"

> weQqul:
> i need to know how to say: "My guess is that people aren't as imaginative
as
> I had previously thought. That is too bad."

This would require a big recast. It needs to be phrased in such a way so
that it is more easily translated, while preserving the spirit of the
original. I'm not sure how you want to recast this, and if I were to simply
suggest a recasting, then translate it for you, it would not aid you at all
in learning this language (that is your intention, right?).

One part won't require a recast, however; "That is too bad." is {Do'Ha'}
"That is unfortunate."

And there is some vocabulary that could be useful to you:
{val} "to be clever"
{ghot} "person" (humanoid)
{loy} "to guess" (this is a verb, not a noun)
{Qub} "to think" (this can refer to the action, {jIQub, vaj naDev jIvummeH,
tlhoy jI'um} "I think, therefore I am overqualified to work here", or can
qualify a statement {tlhIngan Hol DaHaDtaH 'e' vIQub} "I think you're
studying Klingon.")

Post what you have so far, and let's work on it together! }}: )

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute
http://kli.org/