tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 14 14:26:09 2004

DCKL translation problems: {lIm}

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

same old question, transitive or intransitive:

{lIm} v. "panic"

a) "in Panik versetzen"
Do I "panic people", i.e. scare them (transitive)

b) "von panischem Schrecken erfaßt werden"
as in "Don't panic!", i.e. "don't be excited"

----
disclaimers:
1. I know klingons don't care about "transitivity", the problem lies in the the translation.
2. the above examples are just rough translations, explaining the meaning. It's not literally, and not a
definition either.
3. If this is "one of these words" about which we have no clue at all, well, then be it! No need for
discussions what it *could* mean if we do not know it.

Thanks.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level