tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 03 14:19:38 2004

Re: Testing.

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Steven Boozer wrote:
> >http://www.bloglines.com/?Lang=klingon
>
> You've made a nice start with the {tlhIngan Hol HIDjolev} at the top, but
> don't forget to add Klingon to the list of available languages on the
> left.  Or are you waiting until it's completed?

It will likely never be there.  Perhaps, if we have it completed, I could
put it in there, but it's all kind of an easter egg thing currently.

> >Anyone who wants to volunteer some time to translate the rest of it, give
> >me a holler, and I can provide you the text that needs to be done.
>
> Why not put some of it on the list?  Maybe it'll spur some discussion.

Problem is, the text of the site comprises about 18,000 words (or so says
the professional translators who did the other languages).

However, there are a couple of things that keep coming up that I would
love some input on:

I'm thinking I'll leave the word "blog" as-is, just make it colloquial.
However, there are a few concepts/words I'm not sure about.  Since they
come up a LOT, it'd be great to get some concensus on what good
translations would be for:

"subscribe"
"subscriber"
"subscription"

I can get around "subscribe" in many cases by using /chel/ "add" (instead
of the subscribe button saying "Subscribe" I could say, "yIchel"), so
that's not as key.  But the other two keep throwing me; I think I've been
fairly successful at recasting in many cases, but even the recasts are
inconsistent...

...Paul

     ** Read my Blog:  http://www.bloglines.com/blog/CryoMax **
        "I used to be confused, but now I'm just not sure."

Back to archive top level