tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 17 16:02:39 2004

Re: bey

ja' Voragh:
>>mabey.  qen Hegh j'puq.  batlh pevuttaH!

jIyajbe'.  nuq 'oS <mabey>?  wot 'oHbe' <bey>'e'.  nuv ngeb ghaH
"J'puq"-'e' qar'a'?  qaSpu''a' Hov leng qunqoq vISovbe'bogh?

>   It is not possible here to give detailed accounts of how to prepare
>   specific dishes or even to list all of the ingredients. Nor is it
>   possible to explain and compare the cuisines of different regions
>   and planets within the Empire. For detailed information of that kind,
>   the best source is probably {jabmeH} by J'puq (the title means "In
>   Order to Serve"; it is a cookbook).                    [KGT p.86]

And the author's name seems to be a slight corruption of {jIpuQ} "I am fed
up", which continues the Twilight Zone reference.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level