tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 13 17:21:11 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: mojaq (n)

QeS lagh ([email protected])

jIghItlhpu':
>pagh ghItlhHa'pu' Marc Okrand (ghItlhwI'Daj ghap)?

jangpu' Voragh:
>Or the copy editor at Pocket Books (Simon & Schuster).

That's what I said... Remember {ghItlhwI'} can be a person too. {{;)

>WILD SPECULATION ALERT...
>It's almost certainly a coincidence, but I cannot help but noticing that
>while there's only one type of prefix in Klingon (for verbs), there are two
>different sets of suffixes:  one for verbs and the other for nouns.  If by
>some chance it's not a typo, *perhaps* {mojaq} means "(verb) suffix" -
>based purely on the similar ending of {moHaq} - and {mojaQ} "(noun)
>suffix".  Just because we use the same word "suffix" for both nouns and
>verbs doesn't mean that Klingon grammarians do.

vaj, chaq DIp mojaqmey 'oSmeH mu' {mojaQ} mojpu' mu' {mojaq}? Daj nger. chaq
matlh wItlhobnIS. {{:)

QeS lagh

Smart Saving with ING Direct ? earn 5.25% p.a. variable rate:
http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;7249209;8842331;n?http://www.ingdirect.com.au/burst6offer.asp?id=8

Back to archive top level