tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 13 17:12:59 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: mojaq (n)

In a message dated 2004-08-13 3:08:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> *perhaps* {mojaq} means "(verb) suffix" -
> based purely on the similar ending of {moHaq} - and {mojaQ} "(noun)
> suffix".  Just because we use the same word "suffix" for both nouns and
> verbs doesn't mean that Klingon grammarians do.
>

> --
> Voragh

That would be a useful distinction and it would be nice for both words to
have a useful and distinct meaning, but it would also mean there would be no term
left to cover *both* types of suffix at the same time.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level