tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 13 17:18:53 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: wej (adv)

In a message dated 2004-08-13 3:32:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> I've always been bothered by the homophony with <wej> "three".
> If someone was on look-out and he says <wej vIlegh> how am
> I supposed to know if that means "I don't see him/her/them yet"
> or "I see three of them"?  Context in that case wouldn't really
> help.
>
> --
> De'vID

I think this homophony would be so ingrained in a Klingon that he would never
say just {wej vIlegh}; learning ways to avoid this time of ambiguity might
even be part of his childhood training.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level