tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 03 17:44:40 2004

Re: -lu' with type 2 verbal suffixes?

ja' lay'tel SIvten:
>I was only trying to figure out what the original intent was. Does it mean to
>you that the stabber is intent on stabbing, whether friend or foe, despite it
>being dark?

CONTEXT!!!

Dim memory tells me that the original intent was to respond to someone who
said he was just making a stab in the dark (i.e. guessing).  The response
means exactly what it says.  "If someone makes a stab in the dark, he is
obviously unafraid to stab both friend and foe."  You correctly interpreted
it that way.  Don't assume it means something else just so you can find
fault with it.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level