tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 03 17:16:51 2004

Re: -lu' with type 2 verbal suffixes?

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 [email protected] wrote:
> In a message dated 2004-08-03 5:34:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
> > To me this parses as, "If one stabs while it's dark, one is obviously not
> > afraid to stab friend and foe."
>
> I was trying to make sense of it.  Your interpretation may be what was
> actually intended.  I'm still not really sure what it means though.

Basically, I think it's saying that if you're willing to stab people when
you don't know if they're friend or foe, you're obviously not afraid of
stabbing a friend in the back.

ie. Look before you leap, unless you've no fear of any of the possible
consequences.

It kinda goes along with the Klingon sense of honor -- you would not stab
a friend intentionally, so why would you take a chance if you cannot tell
friend from foe?

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
     "If you were plowing a field, which would you rather use?
         Two strong oxen or 1024 chickens?" -- Seymour Cray

Back to archive top level