tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 03 17:06:18 2004

Re: -lu' with type 2 verbal suffixes?

In a message dated 2004-08-03 5:34:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> > Applied to the original situation, {jagh jup je DuQvIpbe'lu'ba'} would
> become
> > {luDuQlu' 'e' luSIQvIpbe'ba' jagh jup je}.
>
> I still question why you think this should be changed.  Your result is now
> "friend and foe are obviously not afraid to endure one stabbing them".  I
> don't think this is at all what the original quote intended, but if that's
> what you're looking for, I think it's correct.
>
> ...Paul

I was only trying to figure out what the original intent was. Does it mean to
you that the stabber is intent on stabbing, whether friend or foe, despite it
being dark?

lay'SIv

Back to archive top level