tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 16 11:58:57 2003

Re: KLBC: QojmeH

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> I hope this version is better than my last try. Comments are welcome.

This is certainly a bit more than an standard KLBC, but I'll go into
grammar.

> 3. vagh Qu'mey pabqu' QojmeH mIw, not choH Qu'meyvam.
> che'ronDaq Dotlh Daperchu' 'e' DanIDtaHvIS 'ej
> bInabtaHvIS, Qu'meyvam tIbuS

It's not necessary (but not wrong either) to repeat the plural suffix every
time. Especially when there is a prefix indicating the plural, such as the
{tI-}.

> 7.chuq chuq'a' chuqHom je, Qob roj je, yotlh 'och je,
> yIn 'eb, Hegh 'eb je ngaS yav

{'oS} might be better, because I doubt that the "ground" can contain
something - a box can.

> (b) cha' Sa'pu' DaqelDI', laH nIv ghaj 'Iv?

I think {Sa'} is only a rank, but not a person.

> (c) wa''e' luQaHbogh Cej luQanbogh muD yav je yIngu'!

typo: { wa''e' luQaHbogh 'ej...}

> (f) nuq 'ay'mey yaSmey negh je qeqchu'?
> (f) On which side are officers and men more highly trained?

be trained = be expert, skilled = {po'}
{qeqchu'} by itself means "s/he/it trains him/her/them"
If you want to say that "they have been trained by someone", you can use the
suffix {-lu’}

> (g) In which army is there the greater constancy both in reward and
> punishment?

This  one is missing.

Quvar.