tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 16 07:50:57 2003

Re: KLBC: QojmeH

Se'noj le'umaS ([email protected])

I am wondering, if you would like to join the other team that just started
(Me and ...Paul), in translating this. We are going to go through,
translating the work a line at a time. We've only just started, discussing
it via private emails, rather than on the list. If so, please send me
confirmation of it via direct email. Or, if you don't want to, we can work
parallel, and compare notes at the end...

Which translation/source are you using to translate from?

>I hope this version is better than my last try. Comments are welcome. Is it
>OK to call Sun Tzu *Sunchu'*? Does it give the right feeling? Is the term
>mIw'a' OK as tao?

I looked at the original texts, as well as I could, and the name 'Sun Tzu'
is a bad and wrong translitteration. The name is much closer to 'SunZi', so
I was thinking something like {SunSI'} or {SuntlhI'}.

I personally beleive that {mIw'a'} is a very good word for Tao, which traces
its meaning to the Chinese for 'way'.

I will leave the rest of this for dissection by more knowledgeable and
skilled translators, that we may all learn.

Se'noj