tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 24 10:21:42 2003

tlhIngan tlhaq (was Re: rolaD bom)

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: rolaD bom

> What was that one proverb like?
> "tiq. taq. tlhingan thlaq" ?

Oh, dear, this is embarrassing...
This isn't a proverb at all: It was an attempt by me to create something
that vaguely rhymes in Klingon, and is at the same time reminiscent of
"tick, tock". I meant for it to be translated "It's long. It's weird.
Klingon chronometer."

"Long" because there are six digits in front of the decimal place. (Canon
stardates have 4 or 5, I think.)
"Weird" because as far as I know, I'm the only one who uses it, and it is
not based on anything directly stated in canon.
And "Klingon chronometer", because it is an attempt at a "Klingon
timekeeping system".

Sorry for the confusion.

> bye, QnoHiq

--ngabwI'