tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 01 18:16:30 2003

Re: Barkley rur ghaH

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hakuohalakahiki Dei nucis naHQun El dios de piņa"
<[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 2:22 PM
Subject: Barkley rur ghaH

> Do you know if that Xindi was played by the same actor as Lt. Barkley?

Qo'. Xindi ghaH 'e' ghet *John Cothran Jr.*
Barkley ghaH 'e' ghet *Dwight Schultz*.

(I have no idea if we can use {ghet} like this, but what the heck. How's it
look, ya'll?)

> Please don't correct my grammer without answering my question.

OK, I've answered.

> Yes, I know that {-Daq} does not work in the sense I'm using it.

maj.

> 'entepray'DajDaq Hoghvam.

Well, I don't see why you would have to use {-Daj}. It seems that you could
completely sidestep that whole situation with a simple noun-noun construct
(TKD):

{Hoghvam 'entepray' lutHom}
"This week's Enterprise episode"

(OK, OK, that's a noun-noun-noun construct.) }}: )

> Also, a week can probably not posess anything.

Why not?

> [Barkley] [Xindi] ghetwI''a'?

I'd like to buy a verb. }}: P

> Do you know if that Xindi was played by the same actor as Lt. Barkley?

{wa' ghot chaH Xindi ghetwI''e', Barkley ghetwI''e' je 'e' boSov'a'?}
"Do ya'll know if the Xindi actor and the Barkley actor are one person?"

is my suggestion, but I'm not totally confident that {wa' ghot} conveys the
meaning of "one and the same".

> ~naHQun;
> tlhInganpu' tIQ Qun

--ngabwI'