tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 29 09:37:50 2003

Re: Lessening spam

~mark wrote:

>OK, I've finally gone and done it.  Unless I screwed something up, this
>list should now be on a subscriber-post-only regimen.  That means it will
>not accept posts from people (and spambots) that aren't subscribed
>(they'll be sent to the list admin, who can rule on their applicability).
>
>Send email to [email protected] to subscribe yourself
>to the "allow" list.  The subscription works just the same way that
>regular subscription works, with the "handshake" of mail and everything,
>but an email address on the "allow" list is not sent mail, but is
>permitted to post.

Good idea.  Let's hope it works.

Don't forget to add this as one of the options to the "Email Discussion
Group" and the online "web subscription form" pages at:

http://kli.org/tlhIngan-Hol/

While you're at it, add a paragraph explaining how to *unsubscribe* from
the list.  That way, we can just refer people there, rather than explaining
it for the umpteenth time.

Qapla'!

--
Voragh