tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 27 12:43:30 2003

Re: RE: KLBC: jang pagh?

DloraH:
> >> {tlhIH} is "you all", so no need to add "all".
> >
> >tlhIH is labeled as plural; we don't know if that means merely more than
> >one, or all.  But I agree Hoch shouldn't be there.

If you're speaking to a group, aren't you speaking to all of them?  (If
you're only speaking to -some- of them, then that's the unexpected version
that should be marked.)

Quvar:
>Yes, {tlhIH} means "you and you, and you, and...." but not
>"Everybody-All-of-you"
>I'm just using this translation to make the difference between "you-you"
>and "many-you", and I
>think MO has used this expression "all of you" too, if I'm not confused.

vaj malopmeH tlhIHvaD nob SaSuqpu'.
So to celebrate, I've gotten you all a gift. (Hallmark)

And, IIRC, isn't {tlhIH} glossed as "you (pl.), all of you" in TKD?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level