tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 26 13:30:30 2003

Re: RE: KLBC: jang pagh?

ja' DloraH:

>> {tlhIH} is "you all", so no need to add "all".
>
>tlhIH is labeled as plural; we don't know if that means merely more than
>one, or all.  But I agree Hoch shouldn't be there.

Yes, {tlhIH} means "you and you, and you, and...." but not "Everybody-All-of-you"
I'm just using this translation to make the difference between "you-you" and "many-you", and I
think MO has used this expression "all of you" too, if I'm not confused.

>Leave the -vaD on there and you don't need to worry about the prefix.

Umm, thanks! You're right.
This is even a good way to avoid the problem of the prefixes, using the n#5 {-vaD}

   {QuvarvaD tlhIHvaD je jIjatlh.}
   "I speak to Quvar and you all"

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian