tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 22 16:20:29 2003

Re: The Klingon Hamlet

chepqu' wrote:

>So I have to ask how good is that book on the language itself?
>Is its text too difficult or is it good for beginners?

Have you ever read Hamlet in english??
I would say Hamlet is not for beginners. I did read it in Klingon when I was was a beginner, about
five years ago, and it was hard. It's just too much to start with.
There are betters things for beginners, like the QQ:

>I know there is the Qo'noS QonoS too.
>Do you recommend it better that TKH?

Yes, because it's much shorter. You can see both the beginning and the end of a story in a day
(Hamlet takes months to read and understand), and the topics are about many things.

> I have ghllghameS too. Is it good for beginners?
Gilgamesh is very good for beginners! The sentences are not too complicated, and many parts are
repeated, so it's easy to read. And there is a translation on the opposite page, so you can always
compare.

Quvar
  ghojwI'pu'lI' tISaH.

Back to archive top level