tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 17:18:27 2003

Re: KLBC: {cha'}?

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 10:42:44AM +0200, Quvar valer wrote:
> You can't use an object prefix with the v#1 {-'egh}, because the
> suffix implies that the object is the subject:
>   {jIcha''egh} [note: 2 apostrophes]
>   "I show myself", So it's the others who will see you.

Thinking about this more:  How ought I to express "oneself" as the indrect
object?

        "Napoleon crowned himself emperor"
        "Give yourself more money"

I suppose the first case could be expressed "Napoleon promoted himself
to the rank of emperor":  {voDleH patlhDaq num'egh "Napoleon"}

Would the second would be {SoHvaD Huch law' yInob}?

--
David "cogent" Hand
<http://davidhand.com/> <mailto:[email protected]> <icq:4321282>

Back to archive top level