tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 19 10:08:51 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: toDSaH (excl)

>>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Thursday, June 19, 2003.
>>
>>Klingon word:   toDSaH
>>Part of Speech: exclamation
>>Definition:     !@#$%
>>
>>Additional Notes:
>>TKD p. 178.  Also in CK, you would call someone this if you were not on
>>the best of terms.

A bit more for those trying to figure out the relative strengths of Klingon
{mu'qaDmey}...

It seems that the TNG episode "The Defector" was also first time we heard
{petaQ}.

As I recall the scene, defecting Romulan General Alidar Jarok sees Worf in
Enterprise's sick bay and asks Riker, "Tell me, how do you allow this
Klingon *pahtk* to walk around in a Starfleet uniform?"  Worf grunts
something threatening and Jarok replies, "Get this *tohzah* out of my
sight!"  Riker smugly comments that "only a *veruul*" would say that,
trumping Jarok's knowledge of Klingon curses with his own knowledge of Romulan.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level