tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 19 09:28:26 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: toDSaH (excl)

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Thursday, June 19, 2003.
>
>Klingon word:   toDSaH
>Part of Speech: exclamation
>Definition:     !@#$%
>
>Additional Notes:
>TKD p. 178.  Also in CK, you would call someone this if you were not on
>the best of terms.

In the pro-novel "Diplomatic Imperative" it was glossed: "Insult with no
direct translation.

It was first used in "The Defector" (TNG).  Pronounced /to-ZAH/, it was
flung at Worf by Admiral Alidar Jarok, the Romulan defector:  "Get this
tohzah out of my sight!"  (Riker calmly countered that "only a *veruul*"
would say that, trumping Jarok and showing off his own knowledge of Romulan
curses.)

The Federation spelling *tohzah* was confirmed by the ST: Encyclopedia.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level