tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 19 09:36:06 2003

Re: Skybox cards

> >>     DuHIvchugh ghol vaj qaStaHvIS may'vetlh HoSDaq
> >>     ghob luchel quv ghajbogh tlhInganpu'lI'.  (vI'be'.)
>
> ngabwI':
> >"If an enemy attacks you, then during that battle, your Klingons which
> >have honor add ethics in/at strength. (It does not accumulate.)"
>
> IIRC the {qaghwI'} "Interrupter" card was part of a role-playing Star Trek
> card game, so it sounds like it's talking about accumulating "ethics" or
> "strength" points.  I've never played one of these RPGs so all these rules
> sounds like nonsense to me.

In the card game all the characters have 3 statistics. Integrity, Strength
and Cunning. When you play the "Qapla'" card (it's a qaghwI' - Interrupt
card which can be played at any time) it lets you add the Integrity
value of your Klingon characters to their strength values, making them
harder to kill in a battle. IE: Kurn has intergity of 6 and a strength of
7, he gets in a battle, you play the Qapla' card and his strength becomes
7+6= 13, really tough :)

Hope that explains what the card actually does in the game. The story
behind the card was that they wanted to do the entire set in Klingon, but
there were some major words missing that they needed. So instead they just
did one custom one. Would have been cool to see the whole game in Klingon
though :(

qurgh

Back to archive top level