tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 18 09:51:52 2003

Re: Skybox cards

qurgh wrote:
>37, 38 and 39 (7th season cards) have only English and pIqaD on them (the
>pIqaD is a very thin and squashed version).
>
>So, if you want the tlhIngan Hol cards looks for:
>   [...]
>S31: Hegh bey - Death Howl
>S32: ??? - ???

"Painstik"

>S33: ??? - ???

"Cloaking Device"

>The season 7 ones are green with swords of Kahless on the front:

For a picture of these, see

http://www.superfred.de/TNG7-SSET.html

>S37: Bloodwine (English only)
>S38: Romance (English only)
>S39: Opera (English) - Makes reference to a Klingon festival called Hot'baval

This is spelled with a K (Kot'baval) in KGT and I believe the ST:Encyclopedia.

>I also have the Qapla' card from the Star Trek TNG CCG, it was the
>only one they did in tlhIngan Hol.

Russ Perry:
 > Oh yeah!  I think I have that card, but it's not with my other cards.
 > Hmm, gotta find that...  Did HolQeD cover that one?

Card {qaghwI'} "Interrupter" in the "Qapla' Series" of the "Star Trek: Fajo
Collection" was published in HolQeD 9.4 (p.16).  It consisted of five
proverbs taken from TKW, as well a couple of lines on how to use the card
in the game:

     DuHIvchugh ghol vaj qaStaHvIS may'vetlh HoSDaq
     ghob luchel quv ghajbogh tlhInganpu'lI'.  (vI'be'.)

Do we know whether Okrand was responsible for this text?  (My recollection
is that he wasn't.)

>Thats all the info I have on the Cards.

Thanks for checking these, qurgh and Russ.  For a moment, I thought we'd
tracked down some more canon but it was a false lead.  Do'Ha'!

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level