tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 17 16:37:44 2003

Re: Skybox cards

qurgh wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Steven Boozer wrote:
> > I'm not familiar with the season 7 cards S37-39.  I did a little online
> > research and discovered their titles - S37 ("Bloodwine"), S38 ("Klingon
> > Romance"}, S39 ("Klingon Opera") - and also found a picture at
> >
> > http://www.superfred.de/TNG7-SSET.html
> >
> > (I'm assuming that the Klingon language cards are the ones on the left.)
>
>I have a large selection of these cards at home, and I have nagging
>feeling that the season 7 ones had just English and pIqaD on them. No
>Klingon text. I'll check when I get home to be sure.

Please do.  A little more research online came up with the rumor that
SkyBox never got Paramount's permission to use the language during the
show's seventh season, which may explain the possible lack of tlhIngan Hol
text -- only decorative pIqaD.  (As to why SkyBox might have lost
Paramount's permission to use Hol, I can't imagine since Paramount
apparently had no problem with it for the six previous years.)

> > >* Hologram 01H (Bird of Prey)
> > >* Hologram 02H (Klingon Vor'Cha Class Attack Cruiser)
> >
> > Ditto for these Hologram cards.  Is there Klingon text on them?
>
>I don't think so. I think I saw these at a covention one time, and if they
>had had text on them, I would have bought them.

Russ informs me that he believes there is a little text, but only in
pIqaD.  (He's going to check his cards.)   Probably only decorative, just
like Paramount does on the episodes.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons