tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 11 09:09:23 2003

Re: lugh'a' mughghachvam?

Klingon Warrior wrote:
> Thank you, Voragh.  The thing I have difficulty on is the fact that Dal (be
> boring) was not changed to (bore) with DalmoH.  From the dictionary, and even
> those examples you gave me, the quality verbs sure look like they're being
> changed to an action verb.  (be pleased) to (please).  (be shiny) to (shine).

It might be easier to understand if you think about this:

You know that
"be pleased" {bel} + {-moH} = "please" {belmoH}

and it looks like you've also figured out there's a rule saying
"be V-d" + {-moH} = "V".

I agree. The trouble is, I'm not aware of any Klingon word meaning "be
bored". I don't have TKD, so maybe there is one. If so, feel free to add
{-moH} to it to make "bore". But you can't expect to use "be boring" and
expect it to function the same way as "be bored".

Anyway, this is how I think about it. I hope it helps you. :o)

mulwI'

Back to archive top level