tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 10 14:16:53 2003

Re: lugh'a' mughghachvam?

I understand now the meaning now of -moH, but what is a better way of saying the translation of /yaS DalmoH HoD/ without using the words "cause to be..."?  You know what I mean?  Instead of saying, "The Captain causes the officer to be boring," what would sound better in English.  I'm hoping that if it sounds more natural to me, I'll know when to use it off the top of my head.  Also, I'm sure you can understand my confusion.  When looking through the dictionary I see words go from quality verbs to action verbs from the use of -moH.
ex.
be open = poS
open = poSmoH
By the way, how long did it take for you to fully understand all of the elements of Klingon.  Man, I was so possitive I knew almost everything perfectly about Klingon.  I get to you guys, and I'm drowning :)  How would YOU say, "I'm bored"?

--Klingon Warrior
taHjaj wo'!