tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 10 13:59:40 2003

Re: lugh'a' mughghachvam?

>From: Klingon Warrior <[email protected]>
>SuStel, am I right in thinking that this translation is correct?
>"You disgraced me!" - /chowebmoH/
>"If it pleases you." - /DubelmoHchugh/

Yes, those are correct.  You're not understanding the meaning of /-moH/,
though (I'm referring to another post you just sent).  Its purpose isn't to
make a quality verb into an action verb.  Its purpose is to say that the
subject causes the object to do verb.  In the case of /DalmoH/, the subject
is causing the object to "be borning."  /yaS DalmoH HoD/ = "The captain
causes the officer to be boring."

It doesn't matter whether the verb is a quality verb or an action verb.
/HIQoymoH/ "cause me to hear (something)" comes right out of TKD.

/DalmoH/ does NOT mean "bore."  It definitely means "cause to be boring."

SuStel
Stardate 3440.8