tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 02 15:47:58 2003

-meH (was: Re: Opposite of -wI')

> Recently I have noticed the tendency for Klingonists to not use prefixes
> on verbs ending in {-meH} when a prefix IS called for.

Canon:

Vixis: tlha'a HoD, DoS wIpuStaH. nejwI' tIQ 'oH
	(Captain Klaa, we have a target in sight. A probe of ancient origin.)
Klaa:  qIpmeH Qatlh'a'
	[wIqIpmeH Qatlh'a']
	(Difficult to hit?)
Vixis  Qatlhqu'
	(Most difficult.)

----

Klaa:  ghoSmeH yIpegh.  cha'maHvagh vatlhvI' Hong, QIt yIghoS
 (Stealth approach.  Slow to one-quarter impulse power.)

----
ghojmeH taj   boy's knife ("knife for learning")

----
vutmeH 'un ("pot for preparing [food]"),

----
pe'meH taj, a "knife for cutting."

<<<

Ok, the first two could be "clipped" klingon.
The other three could be a null prefix for "he"{ghaH}.

But this one:

How much do you want for that?
  Dochvetlh DIlmeH Huch 'ar DaneH
<<<