tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 02 14:56:28 2003

Re: Spelling of Sto'vo'kor?

Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > Is the proper 'translation' of Sto'vo'kor ...
>> > (Klingon 'heaven') known? If not, opinions on how it could be spelled?

>Actually, we may:  {Suto'vo'qor}.  (Yes, with a /u/ instead of the expected
>/I/!)  My notes say that Marc Okrand provided a few words Keith R.A.
>DeCandido's novel "Diplomatic Implausibility" where this spelling is to be
>found.  The glossary in the back of the novel goes on to define Sto-Vo-Kor
>as "the afterlife for the honored dead, where all true warriors go after
>they die to fight an eternal battle. The closest Klingon equivalent to
>heaven."

Getting back to the original poster (attribution lost), perhaps the best
"translation" of Sto'vo'kor is "Valhalla" (from the Norse mythology) rather
than "heaven" (which in Christianity is a bit more peaceful & quiet by most
accounts :-).
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    [email protected] [NEW!]  VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||