tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 02 13:15:35 2003

Re: Opposite of -wI'

In a message dated 5/22/2003 11:27:45 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> I've recently been reading discussions in the archives, and it seems one of
>
> the more hotly debated topics of grammar is whether a noun with <<-wI'>> can
>
> take verbal prefixes (with the theory going that since one can add verb
> suffixes before using <<-wI'>>, why not prefixes?).

Recently I have noticed the tendency for Klingonists to not use prefixes on
verbs ending in {-meH} when a prefix IS called for.

As for prefixes on verbs ending with {-wI'}, I can understand NOT using
prefixes.

peHruS

Back to archive top level