tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 11:05:49 2003

Re: Klingon for the Masses

Andrew Strader wrote:

>DloraH wrote:
>

>>Well, if someone would win the lottery we could afford to advertise our
>>qepHommey on TV.  :)
>>That's the biggest problem with getting the word out... how do we do it?  I
>>know there are other klingons in Rochester.
>>

>One means to generate more popular support is to publish a weekly or monthly
>video on the web -- a Klingon Homestarrunner/Futurama hybrid of sorts. This
>would give the public a multimedia experience, rather than the "ivory tower
>scholar" snub. It would also encourage many people to learn some of the
>language to catch on to the material.

Videos are notoriously painful to develop.  But hey, if someone can and
wants to, go for it.  I don't even know where to begin in designing
flash, to say nothing of the creative energies needed.

>We have had Klingon comic strips. This is a natural next step. I would begin
>work on it myself right now, but I don't have the right experience or
>equipment. Is there anyone out there who can do Flash/Macromedia? I can
>provide web space if necessary.

We need the return of Klingon comic strips.  I firmly believe that with
the possible exception of "Bereaved Parents' Monthly," there isn't a
magazine out there that couldn't be improved by the addition of a comic
page at the end (unless it already has one, that is).  If we could make
it a *regular* feature of HolQeD, that would be... nice.

~mark

Back to archive top level