tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 09:01:16 2003

Klingon for the Masses

DloraH wrote:
>Well, if someone would win the lottery we could afford to advertise our
>qepHommey on TV.  :)
>That's the biggest problem with getting the word out... how do we do it?  I
>know there are other klingons in Rochester.

One means to generate more popular support is to publish a weekly or monthly
video on the web -- a Klingon Homestarrunner/Futurama hybrid of sorts. This
would give the public a multimedia experience, rather than the "ivory tower
scholar" snub. It would also encourage many people to learn some of the
language to catch on to the material.

We have had Klingon comic strips. This is a natural next step. I would begin
work on it myself right now, but I don't have the right experience or
equipment. Is there anyone out there who can do Flash/Macromedia? I can
provide web space if necessary.

There are of course a few things to keep in mind to avoid copyright and IP
infringement. 1) We can't use the word "Klingon", but we can use "tlhIngan".
2) The characters should not look like typical Klingons, but Klingonesque
creatures of various sorts. The fact that it is Klingon would become evident
pretty quickly.

--
Andrew Strader

Back to archive top level