tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 11:02:58 2003

Re: Is the language too bound for its own good? (w

You're laughing at this, but if you would come to a qep'a' you would see
that we have already DONE exactly this, and still do!  We DO go into
restaurants and order in Klingon.  With some help from interpreters and
appropriate hand-gestures, we leave behind servers who know what "bIQ"
means, or "Ha'DIbaH."  This is actual fact; I've been there and done
it.  Don't you go telling me you can't use Klingon in everyday life.
Procrastinating?  I don't see it.

~mark

qaS ngal-qaS wrote:

>I propose a movement. Let us march to the battlefronts of our local
>McDonald's, Hardee's, and Wal-Marts! Let us bombard them with the
>language of warriors! Let us order our Double Whopper in tlhIngan Hol,
>and befuddle the poor tera'nganpu' behind the Burger King counter!
>jaghpu'ma' DIghIjjaj!

Back to archive top level