tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 05 09:48:55 2003

Lingual "Defaults"...

I am a relatively new student of the language, and going through some
vocabulary, I noticed that the 'default' setting for preference is <par>:
dislike, and in order to say you like something, it has to add the -Ha'
suffix...It's little lingual tidbits like this that really show off the
amount of knowledge contained within a language. By understanding *why* a
language works the way it does, you gain an insight into the collective
minds of the speakers, and into their social and cultural
evolution...just thought I'd share. lol

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!